When it comes to buying a ranch property for sale in Washington county, Fayette County, Austin County or any other county in South Central Texas, we know and understand the investment you’re taking on. That’s why at Heritage Texas County Properties, we take the right steps to ensure that you’re getting the best ranch property for you – not us. Our personal experience with ranch ownership and the purchase and sale of recreational properties in South Central Texas helps clients make informed decisions with their own properties.
The Right Property
One of our experienced ranch brokers will sit with you and discuss your needs and desires, then they will search our vast database of properties to find the best South Central Texas ranch property for you. Quite often we will find an exceptional ranch that is not actively on the market and not widely known. There are many that are not advertised or marketed via the internet. Whether you’re seeking a large cattle ranch for sale near La Grange Texas or an exceptional outdoor sporting property in Lavaca County, our experienced team will help you, find the right size, location and price.
Finding The Right Ranch Property For Sale
When it comes to finding ranch property for sale, every property and everyone is different. Every client will need different amenities and attributes that come with their ranch. Your ranch broker has the ability to focus and filter through the hype and marketing to find out what is really on the land:
- Recreation and Sporting opportunities
- Agricultural Operations and potential income
With many years of working with farm and ranch clients in Round Top Texas, La Grange, Bellville, Brenham and Shiner Texas our many resources and network will help us find the right ranch for you and your family quickly.
The following questions and many others we review with buyers to narrow down to a focus list of amenities to find in a property and exactly where to search. Access? Amenities? Recreation and sporting types? Privacy? Agricultural operations?
All of the above questions entail a multitude of answers and investigation and which of these unknowns are most important to your family will guide the search for your ranch. Heritage Texas Country Properties has the skills to answer these questions and help a buyer determine what their true needs are.
- Access: When it comes to ranching, remote can mean miles and miles. Your broker will need to know just how remote you really want to be.
- Privacy: Who do you want your neighbor to be? Do you want it to be private land or government property? We’ll research to define the use and traffic in the area.
- Outdoor and Sporting Activities: Ranches are generally prime real estate for fishing, hunting and other activities. We’ll make sure the opportunities are on the property and to what extent they are available. What balance of activities will be the right fit for the client? This can be one of the most important decisions.
- Improvements or Build New: This varies, but do you want to improve upon the existing structures if needed or do you want to build new? It’s up to you on how much work you want to do to the structures. Our brokers will find the right property.
- Agricultural operations of the Ranch: How will you use the ranch?
- Will you graze yearling cattle or a year-round cow/calf operation?
- What will your hay requirements be?
- How good are the water rights on a particular ranch compared to others in the area?
- Is a lease to an outside operator a better option?
- Land Survey: Has the land you’re interested in been surveyed?
- Buying a ranch is a major process. Chances are you’ll have a lot more questions as we begin your search. Our ranch brokers will answer any questions you may have at any time.
You Found Your Ranch, Now What?
Finding the right ranch for sale is only half of the process. Now, our ranch brokers will help you seal the deal with confidence and ease, we’ll walk you through the complete due diligence process.
Due Diligence: When it comes to inspections most ranches sales involve unique inspection requirements than many investors and commercial realtors understand. We’ve handled hundreds of transactions, and as part of our attention to detail we’ll assist you and your attorney in reviewing the details from A to Z.
These include, but are by no means limited to:
- Surface rights.
- Mineral rights
- Verification of legal descriptions, conservation easements, access easements to the property.
- Title Report Review for exceptions and what they truly mean.
- Grazing leases to outside operators.
- Livestock trailing agreements.
- Leases from state and other government.
- Leases to outfitters for hunting or fishing.
Depending on the nature of the property, we have seen a due diligence period of a little as 30 days or as long as 90+ days.
Closing the Deal: Now that everything checks out and you’ve learned the fine details of the ranch for sale, it’s time to close. Most ranches will have some form of government lease transfers to complete to the new owner at closing. We typically handle those at closing in conjunction with the title/escrow company. Many ranches will have existing grazing leases to other operators were the ranch is the lessee. Those will typically stay in place until the end of the grazing season and will be prorated. Hunting and fishing leases can also be in place and will carry through the seasons or year-end and are again prorated. Most sellers will have 30-45 days after closing to finish moving the personal property off the ranch and conduct an auction.
You can have comfort knowing that your ranch broker will work through the closing and afterwards to ensure a smooth transaction.
Heritage Texas Country Properties Representations
Seller Representation: When you ask us to list your ranch for sale, we are here for you the seller and only you. Unlike other companies you benefit both the buyer and seller. If you choose our company to sell your ranch, we understand that you’ve put a lifetime of work into it and we’ll lookout for your best interest as the seller. Contact us today to list a property or to learn more about our seller representation services.
Buyer Representation: If you’re looking for a ranch for sale in the Bellville, La Grange, Round Top, Brenham or Shiner area, our ranch broker has the knowledge base and network to find the best ranch for you. We will approach your buying process with your best interest, helping you find the best opportunity in your transaction. Contact us today to start looking for your new ranch.
Buying a ranch is a big process our experts will help you every step of the way to ensure a smooth transaction. We hope this brief summary of the buying process helps answer some of your questions. Contact us today if you have any questions or if you’d like to begin searching for your next ranch.