Chappell Hill TX Real Estate
The bluebonnet fields and rolling hills of Chappell Hill are calling. Located approximately 57 miles away from Houston, this unincorporated town situated within the limits of Washington County is the epitome of ranch country. Chappell Hill allows you to step back in time with its old town charm, best displayed through its collection of restored historic buildings and that world-renowned Texan hospitality.
Around 160 years ago, the small town of Chappell Hill was founded by Mary Hargrove Haller, who named it after Robert Wooding Chappell, her grandfather. Soon after its establishment, Chappell Hill and its fertile lands attracted scions of prominent southern families. This new wave of settlers further established the town’s identity as an agricultural community with cotton as its main crop. Since then, Chappell Hill has become a prominent Texas town that has overcome challenges such as the Civil War and the yellow fever and is now known as one of the most well-preserved historic towns in the Lone Star State.
Chappell Hill Homes for Sale
Chapell Hill offers the prospective homebuyer a wide assortment of housing options. Beautiful, lush ranches with significant acreage as well as parcels of land are available for those who want space, privacy and country living, while single-family homes and townhomes are more common as you go nearer the town center.
Events and Attractions
- Chappell Hill’s past is alive and well as you stroll down Main Street, a designated historic district in the National Register of Historic Places, where you can find most of the town’s wonderfully restored homes and commercial buildings. Visit Chapell Hill Antique Mall, where you might find a great bargain or two. Sample some of the local cuisine from Chappell Hill’s homegrown establishments: Chappell Hill Sausage Company, Alejandra’s Pie Factory, and Chappell Hill Meat Market & Café.
- Tourists flock to Chappell Hill for its famous Bluebonnet Festival and Scarecrow Festival. Chappell Hill’s Bluebonnet Festival, which takes place every spring, features over a hundred exhibitors, live entertainment, and activities for all ages. As for the Scarecrow Festival, it’s celebrated every autumn, complete with local food, art, and entertainment.
- The Brenham Independent School District serves the community of Chappell Hill.
- There are over 25 Texas historical markers in Chappell Hill.
- It was once home to Soule University and the Chappell Hill Male and Female Institute.