Weimar Texas Real Estate
The friendly down-home town of Weimar is located in the northwest portion of Colorado County. It is traversed by Highway 10 and U.S. Highway 90, the longest interstate highway in the United States. This small community has a total land area of 2.31 square miles and has Houston to the east and San Antonio on the west.
The town has a rich heritage in ranching and farming, having been a central trading post for dairy products, poultry and pecans during its early days before it was incorporated as a city in 1875. Downtown, you’ll find various shops, boutiques and stores and businesses that offer a variety of services. Weimar still has one of those charming, nostalgic soda fountains shops inside their drugstores, an old-timey American tradition. You’ll also find antique shops, taverns, as well as restaurants that offer various delicacies.
Homes for Sale in Weimar TX
In spite of the fast changing developments in the city, the town has managed to keep its small town country charm that makes it a relaxing and nostalgic place to visit, raise a family or spend your retirement.
- Head on over to Kasper’s Meat Market downtown for Weimar’s renowned Kasper’s sausage which never fails to draw crowds every time the market opens on Saturdays.
- The Historic Veteran’s Park, which houses the state-of-the-art baseball stadium that hosted the Babe Ruth League World Series Tournament in 2005 is a landmark you should definitely go out to see.
- Quite a few of Weimar’s citizens have German and Czech ancestry.
- Weimar has a kindergarten, elementary, junior and high school, all managed by the Weimar Independent School District. It also has one private Catholic school, St. Michael’s.
- According to the U.S. Census Bureau, Weimar’s population reached more than 2,140 in 2013, with an estimated population density of 927 people per square mile.